Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20th........

 These 2 images are 2 states of the same print.  The first one above I thought was a bit flat so I did an overprint with a light color to define the space more.  Usually I would attempt this with a darker color but this time I thought I would go with a light to see how things would move in space. 
My mom passed away this week, I have been thinking a lot about how we live our lives.  I think we live our conscious life as if we are wearing a warm cloak, which is how we see the world.  We define ourselves as religious people, business people, artists, whatever.........that is our cloak.  My thinking is that we should wear this cloak loosely, let some air in, be open to the outside world.  If we hold the cloak too closely we forget how others see the world......and as the cloak tatters cannot let anyone in to hold together the fabric of our lives...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon