Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jan 5...painting and printing.

 Started a new painting today.........I have been working on the drawing all week, now started laying in the first color........I do this with yellow oxide and so basic shading......when this is done I will darken shadows and build the forms..........
 First print of the day.....again on that "stone" paper which I have to find out more about.........pretty cool stuff the colors seem to stay on the surface and are pretty vibrant.
This was the last print today.  I struggled at first, then did color layers over a large area cutting back on the circle forms to let them pop out.

This one is very different I think, opens up a lot of possible compositional experiments in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon