Wednesday, July 17, 2013

different paths.......


I went to see the Turrell show at the Guggenheim......it is worth it to see the one piece......pretty much the whole museum is taken up with it......

I spoke to one of the guards about my idea for the space......and he thought it was pretty cool.......told the same idea to a friend and she thought it was performance, not art......so not I have to process this and try to figure if the idea is any good.

Criticism has that effect, it makes you rethink.......and for me also makes me doubt the path I am on.......you would think at this point I would be over this.  I can think back over the years how many times I have abandoned a path because of someones opinion, and just how silly that was.

When I first started I did pen and ink works, I was told that no gallery would ever show my work if I only did black and white........this did send me into a long learning curve and some interesting work, I wonder if this would have happened if not for that meeting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon