Friday, December 27, 2013

Symbiosis

I have been thinking a lot about how relationships get complicated by speculation........what does the other person "really" feel about me, what do I in turn truly feel.  And built into this unending speculation is the idea of the self, the one you are alone with, and the one you are comfortable projecting into the public.

The act of creating is I think a solitary act.......one where this kind of internal dialog seperates from the normal day to day interaction.......I read that Patti Smith goes to a coffee shop to write.......I would guess for inspiration, but also I would think to be outside that internal space which can become suffocating.  For me music and routine help.......but I have been working on meditating during the painting to shut off the internal dialog altogether.

In this image I see a horse rearing up with a rider........two creatures in a symbiotic relationship.....with viewers safely behind a fence observing.........perhaps this is a metaphor for the symbiotic relationship between creator and creation..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon