Thursday, June 27, 2013

Orientation.

Sometimes I think this series I am working with foam brushes look like maps of the landscape taken from flying above and looking down.  Then I will see forms from the first person......the bottom right figure becomes a woman in profile with a really cool hat.  perhaps the yellow form top left is a tree of some kind.....

The interesting thing is how the change of attention of the viewer.........where you look, the orientation of the piece......can lead to different interpretations...the first thing I do after making the print is try to figure out which direction the piece should go in.....also I noticed that I have to give a different orientation a couple of minutes to become acclimated to my consciousness to make connections to the forms and space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon