Sunday, January 3, 2016

A new year.


A new year....

I am really liking these clay pieces.  It is an old idea I had but had the technical problem of the clay never hardening.  This is made with Sculpy, which can be hardened in an oven.  This one is around 8"x10".

This is a piece that I started a while back and am working on completing now.  I had planned on working it up with blues to go with the series I am working on, but will hold onto the central figures in the warm colors I think.  I am also thinking the light source will come from the center of the image and radiate out.

I have been thinking of adding perspective to the works. For the most part I try to keep the drawing intuitive and spontaneous, so this would be an interesting change.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon