Sunday, February 15, 2015

February Update.


Hi, it has been a while since I have posted on the blog, lots to report on......

The black and white painting above is complete (unless I decide to color it).  The painting is 4 feet by 6 feet, and I was able to lay it in in about 4 weeks which is pretty quickly for a piece this size.  One thing about winter, no distractions so I can focus on these complex pieces.

I have been drawing a lot on clothing, and have set up a website which is also e-commerce at www.krasowitzclothing.com   It is always a lot of work to organize a website and it is still being put together.  The second image here is a throw blanket which is 60"x80" made from some of the paintings from the past.  It is amazing to me how simple it is to create these objects via commercial sites.  

I have been laying off the monoprints lately.  I think it perhaps has run its course and I have learned all that I can from it.  The print a day idea will change somehow, but I miss posting on facebook and keeping in contact with that audience.  

This week I attended the CAA, the college art alliance conference.  It was awesome to hear lectures from so many distinguished scholars.  I was truly humbled by my lack of knowledge and feel that this is something I will address in the future.


Lastly, I will be showing at the Select Art Fair in NY in May.........stay tuned I will discuss this further as the project comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon