Monday, September 8, 2014

ice ice baby.

This is an ice pop I took out of the freezer and forgot to eat. This morning I realized that this ice pop is a metaphor for unintended consequences and decisions we make in life. Now I will never know the flavor or the experience of consuming this ice pop. Yet I can refreeze it and it will once again be an ice pop.........but will it ever be the same?
If I were to hang this object on my wall I can of course call it art, and therefore it would be art. The meaning can be interpreted as I see it or as a viewer sees it, or could be considered as another cynical ploy to justify a society in which all ideas are possible........
So is it my intention to create purpose out of a seemingly purposeless object create art?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon