Wednesday, November 27, 2013

TRiggers


I have been reading Doors of Perception by Huxley again.....he was speaking about different parallel levels of perception.......when we are in the "real" world of defined rules and parameters this view is somewhat constrained.  When this veil is lowered, or raised, the natural world and our perception of it is heightened.
This is very apparent as our sense of depth color and feeling are raised.

I have been trying to look at these works without the normal "what is it" reaction of my mind.  To look at it as a blank.....let my mind empty and allow my eye to move around the space.  Here I naturally go to the "face" and go from there As I move off of that defined space I see other spaces emerging.....

Can art function as a trigger between these states of consciousness?  The viseral reaction happens in spite of this, the conscious rationalization is next.  This next state takes conscious intent to let go of that rationalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon