Saturday, November 9, 2013

Registration.


This morning I printed the first image on the left..........thinking I would go with a minimal kind of color thing......I thought it looked a bit "thin", as in unfinished for some reason.

Usually the hardest part of going with a second layer is registration.....I look at the print on the floor and try to get the second layer to match up in some way.  It tends to be pretty inaccurate, which is OK sometimes, sometimes not.  This is all because I create spontaneously on the paper, there is no drawing to work from for registration.

So I had this idea, I held the print to the window and drew the shapes on the back of the paper.....put this under the plexiglass and then had the exact position of most of the forms.......seems really simple now, I do not know why I did not think of it before.

So anyway this is the result.  I also was able to have a cross pattern in the background by overprinting perpendicular lines with the yellow ochre.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon