Saturday, April 20, 2013

On the barrier

On the barrier

sitting on the edge of the island
holding to the last remnants of land
the creature remembers its birth
and its death

back to sea it wants more
to go back and revisit its home
touch the golden leaf
embrace a melancholy dawn

gates fill with water
preventing a return
ominous shapes in translucent shadows
in the shallows of the sea






This is a print from yesterday that I did not post........a new paper a bit larger, and a lot less expensive so I will work with this stuff for a while.

This is the painting I have on the easel right now........I will do the first layer of color and post it in a couple of days.  I have been pulling all the works that are half done and trying to get through them before starting anything new.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon