Thursday, January 22, 2015

Back to the studio.


Jan 22.........back from the LA art fair.......a humbling experience.  A few people were attracted to my work but for the most part did not seem to respond.  I am not sure if it was the presentation (there was really only 1 image seen), the image itself, or whether my work connects or not.

I know people in general seem to like the work, so I am not sure what I did wrong....also the gallery lost control of the booth to individual artists with their own agenda's, which I think gave a somewhat amaturish feel to the project.

Anyway, upwards and onwards.  I am not sure this kind of group aesthetic is best going forward so I will look for other opportunities.

This is a skirt I am painting for a friend.  I am continuing with painting on clothes and printing using the dye sublimation process to make tshirts of the paintings.
















This is a rather large painting I am working on in the studio.  I have gone back to the brushes after working with the palate knife for a while.....I am thinking of using the space differently, using negative space to simplify and deconstruct the rectangle a bit.....

I will post this work as it develops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon