Thursday, January 24, 2013

Living Trees........

 This piece I was working with the idea of a border, but after printing noticed that the border had the effect of creating perspective to the back of the space.  The objects float in front.........I think this could be a cool thing to explore more on a conscious level..........
 For this one I used 2 pieces of plexi smashed together to create the background texture, an idea suggested by my artist friend Andrea.........it has some similarities to using plastic wrap, but has more movement I think.

For me what I find interesting about this one is that my eye never seems to stay in the same place in the composition for very long........
This one came out of the image above.  I think they both describe some kind of consciousness in organic life forms such as trees.  When I look at these I think of C.S. Lewis' science fiction trilogy and his description of the alien landscape.  I was concerned that the bottom one looks too literal, and tried it in different orientations........but went with this one.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon